Feature request: Sort by severity

Options
carlosreq
carlosreq
Community Member

When there's many sites that share passwords or use weak passwords (this happened to me after importing my firefox logins - let's say it's my password dump that I've been carrying from place to place for I don't know how many years), it's just overwhelming to try to sort out the mess.

A useful thing would be to sort by site importance. A valid criteria would be the site type - for example, email providers would be the highest possible importance and should be fixed right away, while random websites that might have only been accessed once (that's also a field exported by firefox, by the way) would be the least important.

Banks and utilities would also be high in importance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that's feasible. Even if we do, say, the top 1000 or so sites (which would require taking people off of working on other things, be subjective in a lot of ways, and we don't even know about the majority of banks around the world), and that accomplishes what you're asking for you and many others most of the time, anything falling outside of that scope would not be covered, but 1Password would be training users to rely on it for "importance" as far as what to address first. Ultimately while this is something we can evaluate going forward, only you are in a position to determine "importance" of accounts for purposes of security for yourself -- and simply addressing the ones that matter most to you first as part of the process of address all of the known security issues in your Logins would really be best. Cheers! :)

• carlosreq
    carlosreq
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Well - firefox exports how often a site is accessed so that's quite an objective criteria.

But it seems like because 1password can't do a perfect work it will do no work at all?

Yes, I know I'm the only one that can do a perfect work. But I don't want/can't go over 1000 sites that were just imported. Most of them, but not all, are trash. I'd like 1password to help with organize things. Any site that I have accessed in the past 2 years, or that I've only accessed once or twice, could get a label I could use later.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the feedback @carlosreq! It's certainly something interesting that we can think about in the future, but implementing a feature such as this one comes with some challenges, as brenty explained, so we definitely would have to be careful in how we design this. Having said this, you never know and we will keep your suggestion in mind :+1:

This discussion has been closed.