I can´t open a new object

Hello, i had the Version 6 on my imac and it is the free version.
Now, after installing the new version 7, i cant open a new object.
What is the problem and can anyone help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RainerT! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "open a new object"? And also, what happens exactly when you try to do that? Thank you!

• RainerT
    RainerT
    Community Member

In version 6 i had the sign "+" to make a new object - with my Name and a new passwaord. This sign "+" isn´t in version 7.
    Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RainerT:

Thank you for the confirmation! Keep in mind that 1Password 7 is a paid update, and every feature will be unlocked once the app has been activated. If the app is not activated, it will remain read-only, which is what I think is happening to you.

Do you have an active 1Password Membership already (which is paid with a subscription), or a new license for 1Password 7 which you have applied to the 1Password app?

• RainerT
    RainerT
    Community Member

Thanks for your explanation. I don't want to switch to the paid version, however, as version 6 is completely sufficient for me and I only operate this one device.
    How can I switch back to version 6 without having to recreate everything? Thank you very much for all your help
    best regards, Rainer

• RainerT
    RainerT
    Community Member

How can I switch back to version 6 without having to recreate everything? Thank you very much for all your help
    best regards, Rainer

• @RainerT

Keep in mind that 1Password 6 ceased development several years ago. It will not be receiving updates. I would highly recommend that you continue using 1Password 7. One of the best things you can do is keep all software up to date.

1. Quit 1Password 7 completely.
    2. Download 1Password 6 from the Mac App Store if purchased there, or if you used the website version download it directly.
    3. During setup of 1Password 6 point it at your data file. 1Password 6 should find the previous data file it had used prior to your upgrade.
This discussion has been closed.