When on change password screen in Salesforce.com, I only see a subset of my Salesforce logins

Options

When I change my password for a Salesforce.com login, I want to update my existing login. However only a subset of my salesforce logins show up as available to update. It seems like it's some issue with cross-domain cookies--the Classic version of the Salesforce change login screen works fine and suggests all my available logins. Any thoughts on modern browsers and cross domain cookies interfering with 1Password X and potential workarounds?

Firefox 83.0 and Chromium 87.0.4280.88
Business and Family account

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Passwordx 1.23
OS Version: OS X 11.0.1 (big sur)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gokubi!

To make sure we are on the same page, is this the URL you are referring to? https://login.salesforce.com/secur/forgotpassword.jsp

• gokubi
    gokubi
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying from the change my password page https://[my domain prefix].lightning.force.com/lightning/settings/personal/ChangePassword/home

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @gokubi ,

1Password mainly focuses on the base domain when it matches suggestions. So the original base domain is "salesforce.com" , but the example you've listed above has "force.com" as its base domain.

If the login item you wish 1Password to suggest has a different base domain than the change password page you are visiting, then 1Password won't suggest that item since it is a completely different website (from a domain perspective).

You can overcome it by adding a 2nd website field in the login item and add the other domain. You can add as many domains as you'd like and that login item would be suggested in all of them, whether for autofilling or for changing the password.

• gokubi
    gokubi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip--that works for me.

I would love to solve this more systematically since Salesforce uses salesforce.com and force.com interchangeably in it's app. Seems like my option right now is to manually update all my shared Salesforce logins (we have over 500.) If you wanted to solve this better from the product development side, it seems like there are a few options:

1) 1Password knows about these popular sites and how they use multiple domains and suggestion takes that into account, showing all the right logins when I flop between salesforce.com and force.com.
    2) 1Password custom template functionality is used to create a "Salesforce Login" template. New functionality for templates could allow me to set a default value for website 2 so "force.com" is always captured whenever I create a new Salesforce Login item.
    3) New functionality to perform some workflow when a new login is created that meets some criteria. e.g. When a login with salesforce.com as the base domain is created, update website 2 on the login to be force.com on save.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hey @gokubi ,
    I can certainly understand the need to automate this process.

1Password already utilizes the public domain suffix list, which basically stores websites that have multiple domains and links them one to another in an open API.
    That means if you have a login for amazon.uk, that login will also work on amazon.com, amazon.co.ru etc...

My suggestion would be to try and add salesforce and force.com (although its not just the suffix but worth a try) to that list, and if accepted, the change should be automatic in 1Password and will allow you to autofill in both, even if only one of the URLs are in the login item.

This discussion has been closed.