Re-entering license key on re-install in Windows 10

Options
brucejamer
brucejamer
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I have just had to reinstall Windows 10 on my desktop and am now having trouble getting my standalone version of 1Password working again.
I do have the license key but haven't been able to figure out how to enter it to get full functionality of the app. I have downloaded a recent version of 1Password for Windows ver. 7. Can you please tell me how to enter my license key? Thanks and regards,
Bruce

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brucejamer, thank you for reaching out!

1Password 7 for Windows doesn't support license keys, so it sounds like you purchased and have been using a previous version of 1Password for Windows, 1Password 4 (it is available for download here. Could you please take a look at 1Password 4 and tell me if this is the app that you have been using before?

However, please note that 1Password 4 for Windows is an old app and will not receive any updates in the future. 1Password 7 for Windows is a paid upgrade for the current 1Password 4 license owners, but it is included for free, if you have a 1Password membership account:

About 1Password membership

Let us know if you have any further questions about 1Password 7 or 1Password membership, I will be happy to help. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• brucejamer
    brucejamer
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, thanks very much to you and 1Password for getting me sorted out. 1Password 4 for Windows appears to be what I was using before and for the present I will continue to do so. I have downloaded and installed, entered the license key and everything works as before. Thanks again for the great customer support!

Bruce

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @brucejamer, great news! I am glad to hear that 1Password 4 works for you. :)

I would still recommend you to take a closer look at 1Password 7 and 1Password membership (because 1Password 4 is really old), so please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. We will be happy to help!

Stay safe and be well,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.