See/Restore single password from backup with standalone account?

Options
Tatws
Tatws
Community Member

I have a purchased 1password7 app, and would like to see a password from a prior back-up. I can see all the list of previous back-ups from up to several years ago in the app , but am reluctant to do a global restore to a two year old version in case I lose my current up to date passwords. I only want to see one old password. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 ver 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Tatws

Previous passwords were relocated in 1Password 7.7. On the line with the current password in your login, you will see a downward-facing arrow. Click it to expose a menu. Select "View Password History". In the pop-up that appears, you can scroll the history to see available saved passwords. Does that help?

• Tatws
    Tatws
    Community Member
    Options

I hadn't realized that you could see old passwords that way, but unfortunately in this case the actual entry was deleted so I can't do that.

• @Tatws

Is that entry in the 1Password trash? You can restore it from the trash if you have not emptied it.

• Tatws
    Tatws
    Community Member
    Options

I have lots of backups (whole file backups), but am concerned if I use one of them I will lose a bunch of more recent passwords. The old entry was from 2019 and is no longer in the trash.

• @Tatws

You could do the following.

1. Make a complete system backup to be on the safe side.
    2. Create a new/current backup within 1Password. This would be your most recent or up to date data.
    3. Restore the older backup that has the data you need to access.
    4. Copy that data someplace safe.
    5. Restore the backup that you create today.
    6. Get the copied data back into 1Password.

It would also be a great time to mention our memberships to you. Memberships have an item history that you could restore, including deleted items.

You can learn more about membership here.

• Tatws
    Tatws
    Community Member
    Options

Thank-you ag_tommy . That sounds like a safe way for me to fix it.

• :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.