Can 1Password app unlock all 1Password X extensions in different browsers

Options

Hi everyone! I recently upgraded from 1Password 6 standalone to 7 and finally using 1Password X extensions for all my browsers.

My experience switching over to 1Password X has been pretty smooth so far but there is one major issue I'm having. For business and personal use, I tend to switch to different browsers often throughout the day. Is there a way where once we unlock the 1Password desktop app all browsers 1Password X extension/addons are also unlocked?

That was not an issue for me before using 1Password 6 with the classic 1Password extension. When I have to do this for each browser I switch over gets tedious after a while. Anyone else has a workaround for this or we have to switch back to the old extension?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Brave Beta 1.23.1, Chrome 1.22.3, FF 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: 1Password Server

Comments

• @mpower

There is not currently a way to unlock 1Password X with 1Password, such as Touch ID. There is no direct communication between 1Password X and 1Password. We hope to have that resolved when we re-introduce 1Password X with what we called Desktop App Integration. The feature was removed for a bit of new coding.

The companion app extension may be the best option for you while we await its return. You could also try adjusting the 1Password X Auto-Lock settings to see if that will better suit your needs.

• mpower
    mpower
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @ag_tommy :)

• You're welcome. Stay safe!

This discussion has been closed.