A family member wants to access the 'family account' via 2 different user accounts on the same Mac

Options
dannys
dannys
Community Member

Hello there, earlier today I sent and invitation to a family member to join the 1P family, they joined and it worked.
Now they want to access their account from from another user profile on the same Mac. Please would someone be able to tell me how this is done?

1Password Version: 7.00
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: os10.13.2
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• @dannys

You would setup a different user account on the Mac using this guide from Apple. They would open 1Password and use their Emergency Kit to link this instance to their account.

Because it sounds like you have 1Password already installed on this Mac, there would be no need to download 1Password.

• dannys
    dannys
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, the new user account on the Mac has been set up successfully. A copy of 1password7 has been downloaded and now the challenge is to get into the existing family member's account. but this time from the new user account. I am told they need to supply a web address, aster password etc ..... would this have been emailed to them at the same time as their account was set up (earlier today in this case). I don't have access to the family member's email account and am trying to help them remotely without the benefit of screen sharing

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@dannys

All of this information is contained on the Emergency Kit which they should have downloaded as part of the setup process. The Emergency Kit is never emailed. It can only be downloaded from within the account or printed out from one of the apps.

Here's how to find the Secret Key.

Sign In address = https://my.1Password.com
    Email address = The email address they used.
    Your Secret Key = Their Secret Key.
    Master Password = Their Master Password.

• dannys
    dannys
    Community Member
    Options

May I call you ag_tommy ! Thanks for the input.

• You're welcome. :chuffed:

I hope you have success. Let us know if you need any other questions answered.

This discussion has been closed.