how do you uninstall the beta version? app no longer opens and I've tried to uninstall the app

Options

I've tried to open the app and it no longer opens. I tried uninstalling it using settings but it won't work. Trying to downgrade to the previous version 7.6.785

1Password Version: 7.6.787
Extension Version: not working
OS Version: Windows 10Pro
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:how do you uninstall the beta version?

Comments

• Hey @skskolnik 👋

If you're having a bit of an issue uninstalling 1Password for Windows, you can always open open a Run Dialogue (Windows Key + R) and then run 1password.exe uninstall and that should make quick work of uninstalling 1Password.

Give that a shot and let me know how that works out?

• skskolnik
    skskolnik
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I got it uninstalled and reinstalled 1Password but it doesn't work seamlessly with Chrome as it did before. When I use it the windows disappear and then I have to open them again from the toolbar. It used to just stay in the corner of the login screen. Any ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skskolnik:

Which version of the 1Password browser extension for Chrome have you installed?

• skskolnik
    skskolnik
    Community Member
    Options

7.6.785. I think there may be some issue with pop ups.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skskolnik:

Thank you for the confirmation. That version is for the 1Password for Windows desktop app. It would be useful to know what version of the browser extension you have installed though. You can find this in your browser > extensions section.

• skskolnik
    skskolnik
    Community Member
    Options

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skskolnik, thank you for the info!

Could you please specify the exact steps you take in order to use 1Password extension in your browser? Are your steps similar to the ones, described in this article?

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• skskolnik
    skskolnik
    Community Member
    Options

I open a site in Chrome that requires user ID and password. I click on the 1Password icon on the Chrome tool bar and enter my system password. The chrome screen goes away and I have to click on the 1Password login and then open the chrome screen manually from the tool bar and click on the login to open the software. The screens close as I am doing this process.

• That's certainly a bit strange, @skskolnik

Could you please go ahead and create a diagnostics report for 1Password, and then include that diagnostic in an email to support+windows@1password.com that we could take a closer look at what is going on? 🔎

This discussion has been closed.