Cannot create new login credentials - License expired?

Options
Aguirre
Aguirre
Community Member

Running 1Password Mac 7.7. Suddenly I cannot create new logins.
Subscription pop-up going wild. I bought stand-alone license summer of 2019.

Am I required to buy a new stand-alone version?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.1
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• @Aguirre

Most times, this happens a user has Downloaded 1Password from the Mac App Store. That version does not support our licenses. Instead, you would need to switch to the website version, which supports our licenses.

• Aguirre
    Aguirre
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

I originally did, in fact, download my version from 1Password over a year ago and it has been updating since then, now to 7.7. As of now, I cannot create new logins and much functionality is lost. Is there a reason I have to either: 1) re-download the version 7 1password app from the 1password website or 2) Do I need to pay for a new stand-alone license?

Also, the Mac desktop app is no longer syncing with my iOS version of 1Password.

• @Aguirre

If you have a license for 1Password 7 and are using the website version, then I can't think of why you're experiencing trouble. 1Password 7 was an upgrade from 1Password 6 and, as such, required a new license. But you mentioned your purchase was a year ago. That's not likely the problem.

I have seen people accidentally updated to the Mac App Store because they may have used that version at one point in the past. Would you be so kind as to double-check the installed version? In the menu bar at the top of your screen click 1Password 7 item next to the Apple logo, and click about 1Password. What version does it indicate is installed?

• Aguirre
    Aguirre
    Community Member
    Options

• Aguirre
    Aguirre
    Community Member
    Options

Looks like it somehow changed to App Store?

• @Aquirre

Oof, I was afraid of that. Please switch to the website version using this set of instructions.

• Aguirre
    Aguirre
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Tommy. I appreciate your help. I will download website version, reinstall and restore.

• Aguirre
    Aguirre
    Community Member
    Options

Confirmed fixed. Many thanks.

• You're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.