Unable to turn on 3rd Party Integration and Safari Extension Not Working

Options
rowean
rowean
Community Member

I've been setting up my new laptop with 1Password7 but 3rd Party Integration is greyed out so I cannot select it. I have rebooted a few times with no change. Also the Safari extension for 1Password is also not working. I've uninstalled and re-installed with no change.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 11.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @rowean

Make sure 1Password is unlocked to enable 3rd party integration. Can you tell us more about the extension not working? What is or is not happening?

• rowean
    rowean
    Community Member
    Options

When I arrive at a website that I have an 1Password entry for, the Safari browser extension doesn't fire. It also does nothing when I click on it to launch. Also mini isn't functioning either? As for the 3rd Party Extensions, I cannot selection the option under the Preferences->Advanced setting.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rowean:

Is the 1Password app unlocked when you try to change values in the Preferences?

• rowean
    rowean
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I confirmed that by unlocking the 1Password app via Master Pasword, TouchID, and via Apple Watch. All had the app unlocked but the 3rd Party Integration was grayed out or unable to be set to 'on'. Some odd occur this morning though. I check to see if 3rd Party Integration was set and it was. I closed the preferences GUI and launched it again and it was not set.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rowean:

Would you be able to post a screenshot of your Preferences window, that shows what you are seeing?

• rowean
    rowean
    Community Member
    Options

It works!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's great to hear @rowean! What was the problem after all?

• rowean
    rowean
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot identify what I may have done differently. It is just working now.

• That's great news @rowean If you can reproduce the behavior, please let us know. We'll see what we can do to get it fixed up.

This discussion has been closed.