Feature Request: Read Only Shared Vaults

Options
vtraveller
vtraveller
Community Member

I have a 1Password Family account that I use with my Dad. He’s getting very old and I’m afraid he’ll accidentally delete logins or change passwords by mis-clicking when confused. In fact I started using 1Password specifically to help him out and ensure he’s secure.

I know 1Password has an archive of old passwords if he does change them accidentally (it has happened), but to make sure nothing goes wrong I have to keep duplicates in my own private vault.

It would be super useful if I could create a shared vault, but read-only to others in the family account and read-write for the creator.

I suppose I could also create a second vault I generally hide with backups in, but it all gets a bit tedious when doing a legitimate update.

I’m a bit surprised that sharing is quite basic, you’d think they’d be more granular control, much like file access. I could see this being useful for younger family members too.

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

@vtraveller

You can manage user permissions.

1. Login to 1Password.com
    2. Click the vault you wish to manage
    3. In the vault details beside the user name, click the gear icon on the right-hand side and deselect Allow Editing.
  • vtraveller
    vtraveller
    Community Member
    Options

Oh cool. I had no idea. I assumed the same settings would be in the vault details of the app.

Thanks.

• @vtraveller

Unfortunately, not all options are available in the app. Perhaps in the future. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.