Can't logon anymore

Options
dehawk
dehawk
Community Member

Accidentally installed version 7 now when I load the version I have been using and enter the Master Password nothing happens. The window with the password is frozen.

I can sign in to the 1password 7 version but it will not allow me to login to any of my accounts.

I rely on this service and am dead without it.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 688001
OS Version: Big Sur 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search: 1password 7 installed accidentally & old version works - Big Sur

Comments

• @dehawk

Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely. You may see two of them as you mentioned installing 1Password 7. If you find two, quit both. Having both versions running can cause problems with unlocking. Then open 1Password 6 from your Applications folder.

• dehawk
    dehawk
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - I either did something wrong or I need a plan B! I only saw one of them. I have tried moving Ver 7 to Trash, but that doesn't work wither.

• dehawk
    dehawk
    Community Member
    Options

I was able to load the mini from that icon, but when logging in with the full version got a msg about not being able to connect to the mini version.

• @dehawk

Drat, I had hoped that would be the problem.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Perhaps there is something I am overlooking. Please use this link to create that report for your device.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:

Send that report to support@1Password.com and be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. dehawk
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/117704/cant-logon-anymore#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

• dehawk
    dehawk
    Community Member
    Options

So sorry - I was under time pressure to get this resolved and removed Ver 7, downloaded 6.8.9 and life is good again. However, I liked the look and feel of Ver 7 - is is available only on a subscription?

• Interesting, thank you for sharing you were able to get 6.8.9 to work for you. I'll file that tip away for future use. :chuffed:

A membership option is the best way forward with 1Password. You can find out more information on our Explore 1Password page.

This discussion has been closed.