1Password intrusive & annoying on Big Sur.

Options
BikerBob38
BikerBob38
Community Member

I am using Big Sur, 1P 7.7, and Safari and finding that on at least some websites, 1P is terribly intrusive and overriding Safari.
To be specific: When I try to sign into my Zoom.account at the Zoom site, the 1P icon appears and overrides my ability to use the password I saved to Safari.
I am sure that there are others like me who save passwords to non-sensitive site, like one's local library, the Zoom site, etc., and use 1P for their serious sites like banking, credit card companies, etc.
The only way I can stop this is either to turn off the 1P extension in Safari or delete the login from my 1Password account.
This does not happen on all sites, just some.
Here is what my Zoom login looks like w/ the 1P extension off:

You see the little key to the right allowing me to opt for the password saved by Safari.
Here is what it looks like with the 1P extension on:

My ability to choose either 1P or the Safari keychain is gone & I am forced to use 1P.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @BikerBob38

My ability to choose either 1P or the Safari keychain is gone & I am forced to use 1P.

We've always recommended choosing one or the other, however disabling the setting 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field may help in this case. :) Please let me know.

Ben

• BikerBob38
    BikerBob38
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the quick and accurate response, Ben.
    That did it for me. 8-)

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

• cchuck
    cchuck
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, back to normal.

• :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.