Why would Autofill not work on specific sites?

Options

Hello -

Autofill works OK on pretty much every site I try, but it just won't work at all on some sites. E.g. on my network gateway I have a login created in 1Password and I know the IP address or FQDN are correct, but 1Password won't provide the option to Autofill when I go to the login page.

Why would this be?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Linux
Sync Type: my.1Password.com

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @digitalformula2! 👋

There are a multitude of reasons why filling wouldn't work on a specific site. I'd be happy to look into it for you. Could you let me know the website URL for your network gateway? If you're experiencing an issue on more than just one website, providing the URL(s) for us will be greatly appreciated. We'll take a look and see what we find. :)

• digitalformula2
    digitalformula2
    Community Member
    Options

@kaitlyn I know this is a really old thread but I only just found recently that the issue is only "Login" items can be used for autofill. The site I'm testing with is my internal network management interface, so I added it to 1P as a "Wireless Router" (that is one of its functions). Autofill didn't work at all on that site. Changing it to be a "Login" allows autofill to work. This is a bit of a design failure though, in my opinion.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@digitalformula:

The only categories can can be filled on webpages through the extension are Logins, Passwords, Identities and Credit Cards. I will however let the developers know that you would like to be able to fill even other types of items, perhaps this is something that they can consider in the future :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#33

This discussion has been closed.