Moving a login

mbierman
mbierman
Community Member
edited December 2020 in iOS

I have a login record with a document attached assigned to a vault. I want to move it to another vault. I get a warning that the document won’t stay attached. 🙄. (I’d love if 1Password handled that more gracefully like asking me if I want to move or copy the document with the login, but I digress).

So I go to the new vault and yup, the login is there. But the document isn’t. So I try to reimport it from photos. Nope, it still says, “deleted item”. So there seems to be no way to add the file! Meanwhile, I see each time an additional copy of that document is on the vault! How do I reconnect the document to the login?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 14.3
Sync Type: 1Password family

Comments

• @mbierman

1. Tap the vault chooser in the upper left-hand corner of the app.

• You likely see the rainbow-colored "All Vaults" icon.
    2. Change the chooser to the specific vault the item resides in.

• For example, switch to your "Personal" vault because the item you want to add the document too is in that specific vault.
    3. While in this vault, you can add a photo or other document and not experience the "deleted item" message.

• Add the document by Edit > Add New File
    4. If desired, change back to the "All Vaults view" by tapping the vault icon and then selecting "All Vaults."

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

Thanks @ag_tommy. Unfortunately that doesn’t work.

The document and the password entry are in the same vault. There is no option to tie them together. If I reimport the file or photo it doesn’t end up associated together.

• @mbierman

Ah, I see what you mean now. My apologies I had thought you were experiencing another issue. Do you have another device that you can use, such as Mac or PC? You should be able to link it from there.

Verify you have a copy of the document in the desired vault. Enter edit mode for the item. Click Link Existing.

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member

O.K. even though the login was in the right vault to import a new document I have to be in that vault.

This is either a bug or very poor design. @1password should look into this.

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member

No matter what I don’t see a way to associate a document other than reimposing from camera, photos, or files. I thought you are supposed to be able to link to documents in 1Password.

• @mbierman

Do you see this option for Link Existing? I am using my Mac in this example.

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

@ag_tommy Not on iOS.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020

@mbierman

After checking with colleagues, I am sorry to say this cannot be accomplished with iOS. The only option is to use a Mac.

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member

That’s not cool! Please put that on the enhancement list. No reason iOS users shouldn’t be able to do this.

• I will certainly pass on your feedback.

• mbierman
    mbierman
    Community Member

Thanks. Also, on iPad I could not add the document unless I moved into the vault first. I shouldn’t have to be in a particular vault to edit a login.

This discussion has been closed.