Chrome extension not accepting password

Recently the Chrome extension is not accepting my password, when in Safari for instance, it does. I even tried the last used password, but still nothing. Apparently I'm running the beta there, 3.9.0.39012

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, WoodCreative. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Please remove and then reinstall the extension as described here:

http://support.agilebits.com/kb/browser-extensions/i-just-changed-my-master-password-but-my-browser-extension-doesnt-recognize-it-mac

This is necessary any time you change your master password. Keep in mind, though, that you should only change your Master Password if it is weak and needs to be made stronger or if it is also used for something else. Your 1Password Master Password isn’t like a typical Login password, and so security advice that tells people to change passwords regularly does not apply to things like your 1Password Master Password.

In technical terms your 1Password Master Password is an encryption password instead of an authentication password; the advice used for one does not apply to the other. Once you have a strong, memorable, and unique Master Password you should not change it. :)

Please let me know how it goes.
  • I followed some of the steps there and I seem to be good, thanks!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Good news! Thanks for letting me know. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.