Autofill not working for the Songkick app

Options
acolyte192
acolyte192
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Android

This is the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.songkick&hl=en&gl=US

Clicking on the Username field (on the log in page) does not yield the "Autofill with 1Password" prompt. Clicking on the password one does, but it only autofills the password.

As a side note - this has happened to me on numerous apps on Android. Can somebody explain to me (or point me to a good link) a bit better what's actually happening? I'm sure there's a good explanation for compatibility issues.

I'm on a Pixel 3.

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hey @acolyte192, thanks for reporting this filling issue!

I see the same behaviour on my end. If I turn off Autofill and leave Accessibility on, the issue is resolved. Therefore, the issue is specific to Autofill, so I've gone ahead and reported this to our developers.

As a side note - this has happened to me on numerous apps on Android. Can somebody explain to me (or point me to a good link) a bit better what's actually happening? I'm sure there's a good explanation for compatibility issues.

Autofill is very tricky, because we are not the only involved party. When Autofill doesn't work as expected, it can be due to how a browser or app is developed, due to their specific sign-in page and how it's coded, due to the Autofill service itself not detecting the fillable fields and letting us know, or due to us doing something incorrectly. This is why you may see different behaviours and issues in different apps and sites. When issues arise, we test them out and report them to our developers, so they can further investigate. That's why we really appreciate when you bring these filling issues to our attention.

If you see any other apps or sites with filling issues, please do not hesitate to reach back out :)

ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#955

• acolyte192
    acolyte192
    Community Member
    Options

Will do! Thanks for your help!

• Thanks! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.