Suggestion - Create a template for cryptocurrency wallet

Hello, I wanted to leave a suggestion to create a form template for cryptocurrency wallets, similar to the existing ones, with the example:

• Access data
  • Credit card
  • Secure note
  • Identity

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cripto wallet

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion, @thdesous! I'm honestly not sure if this is something we'd ever implement, but I want to make sure you're aware of adding custom fields to items. It sounds like it would benefit you, although it might take a few minutes to get the first item looking the way you want it to. Once you get one item with the custom fields you wish to have, you can duplicate it to save yourself some hassle the next time around. If I was saving multiple cryptocurrency wallets, I'd probably save one item as a template that I could duplicate an unlimited number of times. For more info on custom fields, check out this article.

As always, I'll be here if you have any questions!

• thdesous
    thdesous
    Community Member

Hello, I understand that it is possible, but I miss the template, even though I know that it is possible to create custom, but it would be very good to have this option, like the bank for example.

And I find it strange to think that a "subject" as current as that of cryptocurrencies, is not on the "radar" of 1password. But, ok, I'm sure that in a few months, you'll change your mind. Thanks.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2020

Hey @thdesous ,
    I'm all for cryptocurrencies, and currently am storing wallets info in secure notes, since they do have some special fields that won't fit any of the current fields that 1Password offers (such as seed phrase, private key etc).

I like to have these fields visible in full and not have them cut off because they're too long, so a secure note is the way to go at the moment.
    If you wish to save some of the info in a masked manner (like a password), then any item type will allow you to create custom fields that can be set as a password field type.

Thanks for the suggestion though! Perhaps more users will ask for it in the future and we'll definitely look into it if they do :)

• som33333
    som33333
    Community Member

I would love a crypto wallet template! :)

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in @som33333 :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.