My bank now has added an additional field, besides user name and password; a company ID

kengetz
kengetz
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

My bank now has added an additional field, besides user name and password; a company ID. I can easily have 1Password fill in the UserID and Password, but is there some way to also have it fill in the company ID? The fields come at us with Company ID and User ID on the first page, and then once you get that far, a second page comes up asking for the password. Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Company name and user id

Comments

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member

Never mind--I found another question that was similar, and the solution worked. The case-sensitivity of the field name had confused me, but taking that into account, it works fine.

It does, however, ask me to save the entry every time I visit the site (unlike all other sites), so I have to tell it "No, don't save" every single time I log in. Is there any way to get rid of that?

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member

Oops, never mind again: It works fine in Safari/Mac using the 1Password extension, but in Chrome using 1PasswordX, it doesn't fill in the Company ID. Any suggestions for that environment? Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @kengetz ,

Can you share the login page's link here so I can test it and see if I can make it work with 1Password X?

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member

Thanks. This is the URL:

https://commercial.tcbk.com/smallbusiness/auth

It's the first field (Company ID) that's giving trouble. On 1Password with Safari, I have a field in the record named Company ID and it fills in correctly. With Chrome/1Password X, that doesn't happen. Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @kengetz! I went ahead and tested it out with Chrome and 1Password X, and the company ID seemed to fill fine for me when using the 1Password X beta. I did notice that the inline menu doesn't appear underneath the user ID field in the stable version of 1Password X (that's been resolved in the beta), though. Would you mind giving the 1Password X beta a try and save a new Login item using the steps below?

1. Enter your Company ID and User ID on the first page.
    2. Before pressing enter, select Save in 1Password below the User ID field.
    3. Make sure "Save New Login" is selected, and add the word "new" to the title of your Login so you can distinguish it from your existing Login.
    4. Click Save.
    5. Click the Login button to move to the password page, and type your password.
    6. Before pressing enter, click the Save in 1Password option underneath the password field.
    7. With Update Saved Login selected, choose the Login with the word "new."
    8. Click Update.

Let me know if you have any better luck with the 1Password X beta!

• kengetz
    kengetz
    Community Member

Yes, that seems to work thanks. I had the beta on my computer, but not on the computer where this work needs to be done. I'll update to the beta on that computer, and it ought to work. Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kengetz – Awesome; I'm glad to hear that! It seems like a fix for a different website unintentionally fixed filling on TCBK as well. I love when that happens. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.