Watchtower not finding all duplicate passwords

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help -> Tools -> Clean Up Duplicate Items - does not work as expected.

Comments

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

I have noticed that Watchtower does not find all duplicate passwords either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JamesHenderson!

Can you please elaborate a little bit?

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

`Sure.

Watchtower does not find any of the duplicates where a login-type and a password-tyoe are identical. I believe it t does find them where 2 login-types are identical. I normally have duplicates here after generating a password for a new login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JamesHenderson:

I have just tried creating a new Login item with a password, and a separate Password item with the same password, and Watchtower flagged this for me. Are you able to recreate this on demand, even with new items?

If you can, please share the step by step instructions on what you did, and we will be happy to test the same process and see if we can reproduce this too.

• JamesHenderson
    JamesHenderson
    Community Member
    Options

I have not tried it, but trust me, I had to delete some duplicates today that were not found by watchtower.

I only noticed because the 1P extension showed the duplicates when I tried to login to a couple of websites.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Understood @JamesHenderson, let us know if you find a way to reproduce this and we will be happy to test this :+1:

• amolio
    amolio
    Community Member
    Options

I see the same issue. Two items, different vaults and different domains/URLs, but same password and not being flagged by Watchtower.

This discussion has been closed.