1Password for Windows & 1Password X?

I took a break from 1Password and now I try to fall in love again.

I'm using 1Password for Windows and want to know if the companion app extension still is the only one that is able to work together with the Windows app? Or is 1Password X able to communicate with it, too?

I ask because it looks like you are only taking time to develop 1Password X. The latest stable version of the companion app extension was released more than a year ago. Am I wrong, and you are also investigate your time into the companion app extension for further improvements? :angry:

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DenalB,

We have plans to add the integration to 1Password X on all platforms (see this post from Dave) soon, but it is not available on Windows now. Please stay tuned for future updates.

As for 1Password companion extension, please let me know what you don't like about it. 1Password companion extension is fully-featured, so if you are missing anything there, we need to know. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Greg !

We have plans to add the integration to 1Password X on all platforms (see this post from Dave) soon, but it is not available on Windows now. Please stay tuned for future updates.

Sounds good.

1Password companion extension is fully-featured, so if you are missing anything there, we need to know.

No, actually I don't miss anything. For me, it looked like the extension is not featured anymore. ;)

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

Why 1Password X can't be compatible with other methods of sync except 1Password.com?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @jimger , what do you mean exactly? I‘m on 1Password.eu and I‘m able to use 1Password X. Or do you mean WLAN sync?

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@DenalB I mean on other people that don't use 1Password online service for syncing. I am having perpetual windows license and I am using Dropbox for my needs

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @jimger , I don‘t know if 1Password X is able to sync with external cloud storage. 🤔

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@DenalB Most probably can't. I think this is why it needs 1password.com sub. Never used 1PassX due to that

• 1Password X is a standalone extension that works entirely in the browser as as an extension, and reads/writes data directly from a 1Password.com account.

So in short? 1Password X won't work when using 1Password with standalone vaults.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Blake !

So in short? 1Password X won't work when using 1Password with standalone vaults.

I thought that this could be and 1PX is not able to sync with other cloud storage.
    Thanks for pointing this out. :)

• I'm I could help clarify things! 💙

This discussion has been closed.