Did I miss a memo? 7.7 is read only.

Options
steffi
steffi
Community Member

Why all of a sudden is 7.7 read only where I cannot create any new entries or edit existing entries?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• steffi
    steffi
    Community Member
    Options

Why all of a sudden is 7.7 read only where I cannot create any new entries or edit existing entries?

• steffi
    steffi
    Community Member
    edited December 2020
    Options

Somehow this seems to relate to the Mac App store version vs the 1Password Store version.

I seem to have upgraded via Mac App store by mistake.

So that leaves me with this question.

Having reinstalled the 1Password Store version and got functionality back how can I avoid being confused by Mac App Store updates in the future?

Right now it doesn't show "Get" for 1Password 7 in the app store but rather it shows me the cloud ie. can download symbol.

That means that I may accidentally hit "update all" again and find that it updates it again.

I'd rather not be presented with an update from the mac app store going forward.

Will "hide purchase" do that?

Did anything change recently where Mac App Store would perhaps find the application locally (1Password Store) version and therefore given you the option to update? Since it's really not clear why it popped up in Mac App Store at all for me.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @steffi

It appears you've been in touch with my colleague Kayla via email. To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to close this thread, but we'll be happy to continue the conversation by email. For anyone else reading:

1Password licenses are for the version of 1Password downloaded from our website only. They are not applicable to downloads from the Mac App Store. This does not apply to customers who have a 1Password membership.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.