can't perform an operation on the item

Johannes_Carris
Johannes_Carris
Community Member

Hello, I used 1 password for many years on my iPhones, combined with dropbox
I am trying a Android phone Xiaomi Redmi 9S now and it all appears to work solid after connecting my dropbox (not running on Xiaomi)
I could open, edit and sync
But after some days I cannot open items anymore
First I open 1Password, as well with fingerprint and password
I tells me it is syncing and finished syncing

than if i open a secure note of a passports I get tekst like:

[com.agilebits.onepassword.wifi.encript.encryption Exeption]
and a lot of lines more about java ect.

than
can't perform an operation on the item
Please reselect it and try again.

Than it stucks and I have to kill the app
What can i do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Johannes_Carris
    Johannes_Carris
    Community Member

version 7.7.2
    extention??
    miui global 12.0.2
    android 10 QKQ1.191215.002

• @Johannes_Carris Thanks for reaching out! Are you seeing this error when opening any type of item? Or is it just Secure Notes, or items with attachments, maybe?

Also, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/117721/cant-perform-an-operation-on-the-item#latest
    • Your forum username: Johannes_Carris

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Johannes_Carris
    Johannes_Carris
    Community Member

Hello, this is the reply
    [#SAP-48726-934] Https://1password.community/discussion/117721/cant-perform-an-operation-on-item#latest. Username Johannes_carris. 1Password for Android

It happends to all the items i tried
    I am afraid it will mess up my backups and it is aldo running on a iPhone, no problems there

• Hey @Johannes_Carris, thank you for sending over the diagnostic report and for posting the Support ID number! It looks like my colleague has reached back out to you, so let's continue our conversation via email :)

• Johannes_Carris
    Johannes_Carris
    Community Member

Hello Audrey,
    it looks like the problem was created bij Dropbox who broke the link to the android,
    I had to connect my iPhone again to a new dropboxolder to sync and after that i connect the android again.
    never the less a strange and not wanted problem, If i did not had my iPhone I would haved lost everything on the android, and we do not want that. So still look into this problem please, i want to lose my iPhone and also want to stay working with 1Password, for me it looks one of the best products working on iPhone and Android (not on PC? - I have a google account))

• Thanks for the update. I've replied to you over email. Let's continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.