Mark Documents for Download

iwaddo
iwaddo
Community Member

Hi, it has been a while since I've asked about downloading documents but a near nasty experience has prompted me to check on progress.

I quickly needed a special document that I store in 1P but the location had poor signal and wifi and I had to embarrassingly get everyone in the queue behind me to wait for this document to download.

I've a phone with a huge amount of memory so I'd like to be able to mark some or all of my documents to be downloaded and updated as required.

Is this something I can do now or is it something I will be able to do in the future. Travelling is the other obvious time this would be a great feature.

Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.2.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

A response to this would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

• Hi @iwaddo

Once you've viewed a Document on your iOS device it'll be cached so that internet access is not required to view it in the future (unless that cache is cleared). Other than tapping into the Document and viewing it there is not currently a way to 'mark' it for download. There has been some discussion on this point, but I'm not aware of any definite plans for changes. We'll continue to monitor feedback and evaluate how we might improve here. Thanks!

Ben

• iwaddo
    iwaddo
    Community Member

@Ben Thank you, this is fine except that if I upload a new version of a document the cached versions will all be out of date, requiring a fresh download. To make this work for all important documents across all devices I need to maintain a separate register of these important files a make a note to re-download them to my devices when a new update is uploaded.

I look forward to developments in this area.

Thank you for your help.

• Indeed that is a limitation of the current system. Thanks for the feedback!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.