Slow on the mac

Options
reviewpass
reviewpass
Community Member

I sort my passwords.

Case 1: if 1 login is pushed into trash - 1pass hangs. It takes 5 seconds until I can look for something again

Case 2: if I have changed my email address, saved and try right away to log into the browser - 1pass hangs completely/extension doesnt works. I have to restart 1pass.

:| :| :| :| :| :| :|

1Password Version: 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @reviewpass!

The next time this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• kevinosinski
    kevinosinski
    Community Member
    Options

There was a bad memory leak in a previous version of 1Password 7 that would cause it to get increasingly slow. One could see this because the memory size in Activity Monitor would keep growing (over 1 GB). This was said to be fixed in version 7.7, but I am seeing it again (but takes a lot longer to get bad). If this is the issue, it can be temporarily resolved by doing "Quit 1Password Completely" from the gear menu of the menu extra and then re-launching it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kevinosinski:

Indeed, thank you for the suggestion! Our developers are also investigating this in the latest beta, so hopefully soon it won't be even be necessary to restart 1Password anymore :)

• cyayon
    cyayon
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I have always this issue.
    As soon as i use 1password app (not the extension) on my mac mini M1 to update/delete/add logins, the application consume memory and never release it. It is very easy to reproduce this issue, just modify 3 or 4 existing entries or just add some test logins.
    I have this issue on stable 7.7 and even the very last 7.7.1-BETA4.
    When do you plan to resolve this issue ?

thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @cyayon

The next time you experience this slowness, while running the latest beta, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/581856/#Comment_581856
    • Your forum username: cyayon

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.