"Show in large type" hides when focusing elsewhere

Options
yohst
yohst
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

When I use "Show in large type" and navigate away to e.g. a safari page (where I need the pwd), the large type dialog is dismissed. Not very useful. I did notice that once I move that Large Type window a bit, it does stay visible so I can use it. Silly, fix please.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15..7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @yohst

Click on the top of the large type bar, and relocating its position is the desired approach for those who want to pin the item to the screen. Such as keep it displayed on one monitor and work on a different one. The initial method is for users who may need to view the item and not interact with it. I use this to show passwords as needed, and when I do not want it to pined to the screen.

In short, it's a feature, not a shortcoming. :chuffed:

• yohst
    yohst
    Community Member
    Options

So anyone who uses large text and does not move the dialog a bit will need to memorize the hard to memeorize/long password.

Feature? I think not.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020
    Options

Yes, it's used (when the window is not moved) for temporarily showing the password. I use it this way so that it's not forgotten and left exposed, and other times when I need it persistent, I relocate the window.

Years ago, when this feature was being developed, it had considerable feedback from both sets of users. Those wanting it persistent and those not wanting it to hang around. This was the solution to fit both groups.

Large Type is one of the lesser known gems of 1Password.

• yohst
    yohst
    Community Member
    Options

Forgotten and left exposed could be solved in other ways - (e.g. timer). But let me not disregard "considerable feedback" from the past however much this feels wacky and annoying to me.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, @yohst! Feedback isn't taken lightly here, so I appreciate you letting us know how you'd like to use the Large Type feature.

This discussion has been closed.