Syncing via Dropbox vs. Account

mischul
mischul
Community Member

1Password 7.7 In additional info below I put v 4.7.5.90 for the extension. I also see I have 1Password X extension v.1.22.3
Currently sync via Dropbox but having trouble syncing from my Mac to my iPhone.
Understand that there is an option to sync via my family account. If so, is it true that I will still be able to access my 1Passwords when offline?
And if so, how do I switch from Dropbox to Account to store my passwords?
Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Hi @mischul

Yes indeed, your 1Password membership should be handling the sync of your data between devices, and having it set up that way would be required in order to access your data through the 1Password X extension. Indeed you can continue to access your data offline regardless of how it is synced.

When you added your 1Password Families account to the apps you should've been put through the migration process, which is outlined here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

If that did not happen, there are additional instructions on how to make it happpen now on that page. When completed you should be able to sign into our web app at https://my.1password.com/ and view all of your data. Additionally none of your devices should have a vault called 'Primary' on them. If you have any difficulties getting to that state please let us know and we'll be happy to help you through it. :+1:

Thanks!

Ben

• mischul
    mischul
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. Seems I just needed to sign into my account on my iPhone to get it to sync.
    Following up: I had been using Dropbox to sync with. In my Mac Dropbox 1Password folder I now have the following 2 files:
    1Password.agilekeychain
    1Password.opvault

Do I now delete either or both of these?

• You can move those both to the trash so long as you don't see a vault called 'Primary' on either device. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.