secure notes not syncing

Options
kclarke2000
kclarke2000
Community Member

I am running the latest v7 release, on one machine that primarily runs on a VPN I added a new line to the secure note and its not updated on my other machines, I checked and its not even on the vpn, I understand it may not sync on vpn but it should other times, right?

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 11.1
Sync Type: 1password
Referrer: forum-search:secure note not syncing

Comments

• kwmorrow
    kwmorrow
    Community Member
    Options

There appears to be a general sync issue with Big Sur that I am trying to convince support exists. You can confirm by selecting "Quit 1Password Completely" from the menu bar helper tools menu (gear icon). Restart the app and check the sync panel in preferences. You should see that it synced after the quit and restart. Something appears to be wrong with the auto sync and they have no button for manual sync. I have logged a message with support on this issue.

• kclarke2000
    kclarke2000
    Community Member
    Options

I was looking for the sync information and can't seem to find it under preferences, can you send me a photo of where it is?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kclarke2000,

We're aware of an issue some customers are experiencing when syncing using a 1Password membership where 1Password for Mac appears to silently lose its connection to 1Password.com, which results in changes not syncing immediately as they should. This situation can be compounded by network configurations that involve VPNs, proxies, double NAT, certain firewall configurations, etc, however there doesn't seem to be any singluar commonality for folks experiencing the issue (beyond using 1Password for Mac with a 1Password membership). It also is not happening universally, which has made it more difficult to track down. In these cases locking and unlocking 1Password, switching from one vault to another (and then back, if needed), or quitting the app completely then relaunching causes the connection to be re-established.

Our develpment team is investigating that situation and I'm hoping we'll have a beta version available to address it sooner than later, though we're admittedly still trying to track down the cause of the issue.

I was looking for the sync information and can't seem to find it under preferences, can you send me a photo of where it is?

1Password memberships do not have sync preferences and as such you would not have that tab.

Ben

• kclarke2000
    kclarke2000
    Community Member
    Options

Okay thanks Ben, I am on a VPN all the time for one machine so if you need a tester of the beta I can help.

• Ben
    Options

Very good. Thanks for the offer. You can find the 1Password beta here:

Use 1Password beta releases

I would not expect the current beta version to improve the situation, though if it does that's obviously great and please let us know. But fingers crossed when everyone is back from the holidays we'll be able to track down the root cause here and put out a beta testing that theory.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.