1Password X won't open with master password.

mctavish
mctavish
Community Member
edited January 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I mostly use Chrome on my Mac. I have both 1Password extension and 1Password X installed, and I have been using 1Password extension. Within the last week or so 1Password extension has stopped recognizing web pages, and I have had to use search to find the 1Password login information. So I disabled 1Password extension and tried 1Password X, but it won't open with the master password. I get an error message that the master password is incorrect. I have copied and pasted from the desktop app and from a text file to no avail. I can log in to the 1Password app on my desktop and to the Safari 1Password extension without a problem.

Edit: Rebooting my computer fixed the 1Password extension not recognizing web pages problem. But I still can't log in to 1Password X.

Another edit: So in reinstalled 1Password X on Chrome, and now the icon won't show in the browser toolbar. 1Password extension seems to be working fine, so I will use it, but the 1Password support site says that 1Password X is better, so I would like to get it going.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7 (70700015)
Extension Version: 1PW extension 4.7.5.90 1PW X 1.22.3
OS Version: OS X 11.1 (20C69)
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Can't sign in to 1password x on chrome

Comments

This discussion has been closed.