Two password mode in ProtonMail

Options
LiraNuna
LiraNuna
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

I am using 1Password X 1.22.3 on Firefox 84.0.1 running Linux.
I have an account with ProtonMail that uses 2 password: one login password and another mailbox decryption password (you can read more about it here: https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/single-password/)

Currently, I have to manually copy and paste the 2nd password. Is there a better way to autofill it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Linux Mint 20
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @LiraNuna 👋

That's interesting! Thanks for sharing ProtonMail's info about Two Password Mode. I gave it a try with my own ProtonMail account, and I wasn't successful in getting 1Password to fill that field. No matter how hard I try, 1Password fills the main password. The best I could find was saving the Mailbox Password in a separate section of your ProtonMail item in 1Password, then opening the 1Password X pop-up and copying and pasting the secondary password.

• LiraNuna
    LiraNuna
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

Thanks for the reply!
    That is what I do right now. I'm wondering if this is something that is expected to work or not, and if it's not - can we consider this as a feature request.

• We do have an open issue for this one, @LiraNuna. I would say it's expected to work in that we expect 1Password to fill passwords, but not expected to work in that we currently do need to issue a fix for this one to actually function. :smile:

ref: dev/core/core#3493

• LiraNuna
    LiraNuna
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for acknowledging this as an issue. I'll patiently wait until this is resolved.
    I'm hoping this thread will be updated when/if this is fixed.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks @LiraNuna !

We're here in case you encounter any other issues that we can help with :)

This discussion has been closed.