Items not syncing to from iOS to Mac OS via 1PW for Families

wavesound
wavesound
Community Member

When I make changes to passwords in 1PW for iOS. Those changes are no longer being synced to my Mac. Is there service issue?

I did check and I can see the updated password in 1Password.com in my browser.

iOS 14.3
1PW iOS 7.7.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

I just experienced this again on another user on my account using Catalina 10.15.7...

@ag_ana, @Ben Could you take a look?

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

Workaround (temporary, we're told) is to switch vault(s) selected on the Mac then back again to "force" a sync.

• @williakz

Thanks for the assist.

@wavesound Yes, please try changing vaults and then back again.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_tommy for getting back to me.

I have run into three new regression bugs in the last month. What's going on @ 1Password?

I can't add photos in iOS, I'm not getting items synced on Mac OS and 1PW for Windows cannot let me upload files that are ~220 MB in size anymore...

• williakz
    williakz
    Community Member

@wavesound, wondering the same thing myself...

• @wavesound

iOS:
    If you are trying to add a linked file to an item in a vault different than the one you've set as the default vault for saving (1Password Settings > Vaults > All Vaults), it will fail because items cannot be saved/linked across vaults, as each is encrypted separately. This issue is still on our radar. I, too, have been affected by this. I am not a developer, so I cannot comment on the issue's needed technical resolution.

Windows:
    You might try asking in the Windows section. It's just that my area of specialty is with Mac/iOS, and I am afraid I do not know this particular issue. My apologies.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Is there a reason why this bug has not been patched?

I'm just getting random password failures on my iOS devices since passwords don't sync randomly from time to time? Why is this not considered an outage?

• @wavesound

The syncing issue is being worked on in our beta. The belief is that our notifier which watches for changes is being blocked at the system or network level. Switching vaults and then back again will reconnect the notifier and allow your items to sync.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I understand, but this is a pretty bad bug. I have repeatedly found that items that I have added/modified are not on my other devices... I would consider this an outage.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@wavesound:

An outage would mean that the entire 1Password service would be unreachable to everybody, which was not the case here. With regards to your syncing issue, have you given the beta a try already?

Use 1Password beta releases

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

@ag_ana

Thank you for getting back to me.

I think the word fits esp. since this is attached to an online service subscription and an advertised feature (syncronization) is not working.

outage - “a failure or interruption in use or functioning” (M&W Dictionary)

I just downloaded 7.8 from 1Password, I will test and see if I can replicate the issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I just downloaded 7.8 from 1Password, I will test and see if I can replicate the issue.

Sounds good :+1:

• itsme3
    itsme3
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

has this been resolved? I'm considering bringing my family to 1password, and this is a dealbreaker

@ag_ana @ag_tommy

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@itsme3:

The latest version of the 1Password app included also improvements here :+1:

• itsme3
    itsme3
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana - I'm understanding from your message that this synching issue has been resolved, and no workarounds are needed. Please correct me if that's not the case

• @itsme3

Yes, 1Password 7.8 was released to resolve any syncing issues. I am not aware of the need for any workarounds at this point.

• itsme3
    itsme3
    Community Member

great, thank you @ag_tommy much appreciated

This discussion has been closed.