1Password 7.7 browser extension no longer works in Safari 14.0.1

Options
scotty321
scotty321
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

As of yesterday, 1Password 7.7 was working fine.

As of today, macOS updated Safari to 14.0.1 (macOS 10.15.7), and now 1Password 7.7's Safari extension doesn't work anymore!

I already tried choosing the option to COMPLETELY QUIT OUT OF 1PASSWORD and it doesn't fix it.

Safari's preferences SAYS that the 1Password extension is installed, but it doesn't look like it. The 1Password toolbar icon doesn't visually show up in the Safari toolbar at all. I even tried unchecking & rechecking the extension in Safari, and it didn't fix anything.

I have the Safari inline menu disabled, because I don't like the inline option.

Whenever I press command-\ in Safari, the 1Password floating screen shows up like it's supposed to — but it doesn't show mw the login for the the website that I'm on, meaning that it's not even communicating at all with Safari. If I manually search for the login that I'm looking for, 1Password OPENS UP THAT WEBSITE IN A BRAND NEW BROWSER TAB — BUT STILL FAILS TO FILL IN THE LOGIN INFORMATION.

There is ZERO COMMUNICATION happening between 1Password and Safari.

When the 1Password floating menu pops up, it has no communication with Safari.

Can you please fix ASAP??

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 7.7
OS Version: macOS 10.15.7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @scotty321

Would you mind letting us take a more in-depth look at your configuration? Something certainly seems to be amiss. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:

Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. scotty321
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/117672/1password-7-7-browser-extension-no-longer-works-in-safari-14-0-1#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

• hankv
    hankv
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on this! I’m having the same trouble. After updating to Safari 14.0.1 1Password has stopped working. It opens up when trying to load the proper fields but nothing gets filled on the webpage.

• @scotty321

No problem. We'll try to get things resolved.

You mentioned having completely quit 1Password. Have you given your Mac a restart? That can be very helpful at sorting out issues. It's the first suggestion on our troubleshooting guide.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the report, @scotty321! The issue with 1Password prompting you to update your Login on Bank of America's website has been reported to our developers. They're currently looking for a fix. In the meantime, I'd suggest opening 1Password's Preferences, navigating to the Browsers tab, then adding bankofamerica.com to the "except on the following domains" list. That should make it so you're not constantly prompted to update your Login while we get the issue sorted.

ref: dev/core/core#3005

• I am happy to hear that Kaitlyn was able to help.

This discussion has been closed.