Can't edit in 1Password 7.5 on Mac Catalina - can't change my login, it's write-protected,

Joern
Joern
Community Member

I can change my logins from my iPad or iPhone, and they sync from iCloud, but I can't edit them in my standalone MacBookPro 2019

1Password Version: 7,5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Can't edit in 1Password 7.5 on Mac Catalina - can't open up it's write-protected,

Comments

• Joern
    Joern
    Community Member

When I click the write-protection tab I just get an offer for a 1Password membership instead of my standalone edition.

• Joern
    Joern
    Community Member

Sorry for the possible misunderstanding: It's not my 1Password login, it's all my webside-logins, creditcards and notes etc

• ag_tommy
    edited June 2020

@Joern

1Password 7 was a paid upgrade over 1Password 6. Do you have a license for 1Password 7? Also, the Mac App Store version does not support our licensing model. Instead, you would need to be using the website version to make proper use of the license.

If you need to switch versions, instructions for that can be found here. https://support.1password.com/switch-from-mac-app-store/

• nshort03
    nshort03
    Community Member

@ag_tommy - Will 1Password 7 downloaded from the website still work with my iCloud sync? Please note I don't want my data to leave iCloud to 1Password servers (I don't care how secure your servers are).

• @nshort03

Yes, 1Password from the website will sync with iCloud, provided you have a 1Password 7 license.

This discussion has been closed.