Apple Watch Login, not an option

shampoo
shampoo
Community Member

Hi

I am on a iMac Pro 2017 and the option to login to 1Password using my Apple Watch is not an option. I am able to login to my Mac with my watch.

Any ideas ?

Thanks!

J

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.1.BETA-4 (70701004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ben27
    ben27
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Help is much appreciated...

• ag_matthew
    ag_matthew
    1Password Alumni

Hello @shampoo and @ben27,

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot unlock with Apple Watch. We have some troubleshooting tips on this support page, which might help you both.

(@ben27: you don't say which Mac you're using - please check it's one of the supported models)

If that doesn't help, you'll probably need to contact support@agilebits.com, so our team can take a closer look.

• ben27
    ben27
    Community Member

oh it's really related to the hardware, its not a 2020 iMac model, which obviously is the only supported iMac (non pro) model... Didn't expect that, since I can also unlock the iMac with watch and also other apps but obviously not 1password... Thanks anyway

• @ben27

Please let us know if we can be of assistance. Given the nature of how unlocking with Touch ID and Apple Watch works, 1Password relies on the security characteristics of the Secure Enclave to safely store your secret information in a way that only 1Password can access.

https://support.1password.com/touch-id-apple-watch-security-mac/#your-master-password-is-secured-by-the-secure-enclave

• ben27
    ben27
    Community Member

@ag_tommy thank you - I'm good. Will probably have to wait until I update my Mac in order to use this feature...

• Understood. Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

• peacekeeper
    peacekeeper
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

Didn't expect that, since I can also unlock the iMac with watch and also other apps but obviously not 1password... Thanks anyway

That is due to the fact that the WatchUnlock for 1Password requires the Secure Enclave and only the 2020 iMacs have the T2 System Management chip that provides this functionality (in the iMac Lineup at least).

The watch-unlock for the OS is technically different and provides less security (thus it's only available after you logged in first). To put in very rough terms: If 1Password could be unlocked with the Watchunlock feature that is present without the Secure Enclave all the information to unlock your Data would have to be stored somewhere on the iMac unencryptet and possibly accessible by malware.

Hope that clears it up a little @ben27

This discussion has been closed.