Relabel Login entry as secure note

Options

I imported a CSV file to 1Password. Now, there are entries showing as logins, that I want to relabel as Secure Notes, since they are not really passwords. There doesn't seem to be a copy/paste approach, nor a simple way to change the entry within the edit function.
I don't really want to have to manually reenter the data in those entries!!!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Relabel Login entry as secure note

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @CharlesGlorioso , please try this way to export your data from your old password manager and import it into 1Password: https://1password.community/discussion/101693/moving-to-1password-from-another-password-manager
    I had the same problem when importing my csv file. After I tried the way above nearly everything was imported correctly.

• CharlesGlorioso
    CharlesGlorioso
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the guidance. In my case, I was using Excel as a private store of passwords and other data. I created a CSV and imported that into 1Password. All went in as LOGINS, even the data entries, which are not LOGINS.
    What I want is a path for converting entries which are LOGINS into SECURE DATA entries.
    I don’t really want to start over with importing, nor to have to manually enter those data.
    Is there really no way to do that?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @CharlesGlorioso !

What I want is a path for converting entries which are LOGINS into SECURE DATA entries.

I don't think that this is possible. But I'm not a staff member. Hopefully there is a way for you...

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited December 2020
    Options

@CharlesGlorioso ,

1Password for Windows only supports importing into Logins from a CSV export.

You can use the csv converter in the converter suite to import into Secure Notes. Just follow the directions in the post, and in the README.html. It will guide you through the process.

I'm happy to help if you need more help.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

You can use the csv converter in the converter suite to import into Secure Notes.

It would be great if this is the way for @CharlesGlorioso ! Thanks a lot @MrC . :+1:

• Thanks a bunch @MrC 💙

Let me know if this works for you, @CharlesGlorioso

This discussion has been closed.