Are there any cons when syncing with iCloud?

Options
vixiousone
vixiousone
Community Member

Hello all!
I just signed up to 1Password for the first time and I am now setting it all up and as an Apple customer a few questions popped up in my head regarding iCloud.

Are any problems with syncing my vault with iCloud?
Do i risk losing any data?
Will 1Password ONLY sync with iCloud or continue with the standard way also?

I'm asking this because i've had the problem with using authenticators when i've accidently broken my phone without any type of cloud sync and it would be nice to have an extra layer of security to minimize the risk of losing data.

Have a great day!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @vixiousone

Certainly having your data on more than just a single device (creating a single point of failure) seems wise. That said we no longer recommend iCloud (or other 3rd party options) as a sync solution for 1Password. The way to sync your 1Password data so that you have access to it from any of your devices going forward would be with 1Password membership, which you can read about here:

About 1Password membership

If you are currently using 1Password "standalone" (without a membership) you can learn about migrating your existing data in this guide:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Additionally I'd encourage you to reach out to our team at support@1password.com to see what promotions may currently be availble. I can't make any specific promises here but it doesn't hurt to check. :)

Thanks!

Ben

• vixiousone
    vixiousone
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Ben! Thank you for the answer. Since all the information is obtainable from all my devices i don't have the need to use iCloud so this cleared it all out. Have a great day!

• @vixiousone

On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.