How to edit the website field

Options

Hi team! I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I did a lot of keyword searches and couldn't come up with an answer to this. I'm sometimes having issues with 1Password saving the credit details on the signup page, which then destroys the "Open and fill" function as it directs to the signup page (see my screenshot). Is there a way to edit this field so I can direct 1Password to the correct login page?

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: 1.22.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:edit website origin

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @oCtodur ,

If you're on the 1Password 7 for Windows app, there should be an edit button right there at the top of the login item's details. Click on it and you will be able to edit any and all fields of that login item, including the username, password and website URL. If you're using the 1Password X extension in your browser, then the "Edit" button will be at the bottom of the login item's details.

Alternatively, you can simply save a brand new login on the correct website, like so:
    1. Get to the correct login page of the website.
    2. Fill in your username and password (either by typing them manually or by copy-pasting from the other login item in 1Password).
    3. Log into your account and 1Password will pop up, asking if you'd like to save it in 1Password. Confirm and save it.
    4. Delete the other login that has the incorrect URL.

• oCtodur
    oCtodur
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_yaron aaah! Damnit! I've been in that section but must have missed that I could edit the url =) Thanks mate! Have a nice one!

• On behalf of Yaron, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.