Welcome Popup...STOP

nathan187
nathan187
Community Member

is there anyway (that works) to keep this annoying popup from displaying when you're in a browser and trying to log into a site?

i've seen postings before about this and the suggested method (disabling the extension helper) is not working

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos catalina 10.15.7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member

@nathan187 The only way (that works) is for you to either apply your 1Password 7 license or sign up for a subscription. hth

• @nathan187

In addition to what vplewis said, if you have a license, you must use the website version of 1Password. The Mac App Store version does not support licenses. Please use these instructions if you need to switch versions.

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

so in essence...i need a subscription just to get this junk to go away?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@nathan187

1Password requires either a subscription or a 1Password License (for the current version). A license can be purchased directly from the app. I would recommend the membership as you get built-in syncing and perpetual upgrades as long as you remain a member, among other advantages. A membership is the best possible path forward with 1Password.

About 1Password membership

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

i already have that..i just want that annoying popup to stop

• @nathan187

If you open 1Password > Preferences > Accounts is your membership listed? Does the pop up appear from the main app or the extension? Additionally, does it appear and then 1Password works appropriately? If so, please make sure you have our helper enabled. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers > (enable) Always keep 1Password Extension Helper running.

• nathan187
    nathan187
    Community Member

i guess i'm not asking the question properly. it's just annoying to see that popup all the damn time

• @nathan187

If you have a membership or a license that should not happen. What version of 1Password are you using? The Mac App Store version of 1Password does not support our licenses. If that's the version you have installed you will need to switch to the website version to have the subscription screen stop.

If you have a membership either version will work.

--

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key. Please send that report to support@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. nathan187
    A link to this topic. https://1password.community/discussion/118005/welcome-popup-stop#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you. You will receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

This discussion has been closed.