Inline Menu Conflicting with safari

Options
Ocean West
Ocean West
Community Member

I am having a terrible time with the latest safari browser and 1p and native passwords any field that is a log in field the placement of the popovers both show up and overlap each other - along with the icons for 1p and the padlock for safari passwords..

I need a concise primer how to get these to play nice.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Ocean West

The options for the inline menu are as follows.

1. Disable the inline menu completely. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari, uncheck the option for show inline menu. This will cause 1Password to behave as it previously did before the inline menu.

2. Disable the automatic inline menu popup. I use this on my Macs. 1Password > Preferences > Browsers - Safari - uncheck the option for "Automatically show the inline menu when selecting a field." Now, whenever you want to access the inline menu, you will need to click the 1Password icon in the field.

3. Temporarily hide the prompt until the browser is restarted or until you right-click the page and select show 1Password. When the inline menu is shown, click on "Suggestions" and select hide on this page. This is useful if you want the inline menu on other pages.

• jel111
    jel111
    Community Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

I'm wondering how this got out of testing. Every time I get a password field it covers it up. I click to exit it soon as I click the field it comes back. Are you kidding who thought this was a good idea? If you are not using 1Password for that particular site or want to make up an easy one to remember or change anything it's a huge PIA. With Passwords from Apple being better and more secure why am I paying for this again?
    I am also wondering why not having it is not the default. That's a simple Boolean it is yes or no. If people want it there are more choices so they should be the ones to have to turn it on.

• Thanks for the feedback!

We recommend only using 1Password for saving and filling. Using dual services can cause confusion about where your data is saved. It can create syncing problems as all items may not be on all devices. That's not to say people cannot use both. It's just more of an advanced configuration. Perhaps the developers can work with some of the suggestions we have received since the feature was introduced and make the experience better.

If people want it there are more choices so they should be the ones to have to turn it on.

I suspect they might say they should not have to go looking for new features and enhancements. It's the proverbial which solution is the best. I'm afraid I don't have the best answer for that situation.

• Art Levit
    Art Levit
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem as outlined by Ocean West's initial post. I cannot click some websites' login button after the username/password is prefilled because it is hiding under the inline menu. I see the solution is to turn it off, but this isn't necessarily the best fix. If the inline menu didn't cover the login button, there would not be a problem. Experimenting with window sizing, I see that enlarging the window size may eliminate the problem.
    I am a Mac User, v.10.15.7 Catalina. My 1Password is the family subscription version, v7.7

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @Art Levit! As a compromise, have you considered just hiding the 1Password menu from appearing automatically, instead of disabling it completely?

This discussion has been closed.