Unlock 1Password is always asking for master password

2»

Comments

• @Xipper

Are you still experiencing issues? If so, we would like to work with you to figure out more details about your situation. Would you send us an email to support@1password.com and mention you continue to experience issues with the beta and unlocking?

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

@ag_tommy yes, I still see this issue. I went back to stable/GA build and updated to BETA4 again and continue to see the problem. I just sent an email to support, I trust they will let me know if they need any log files or other info from me.

• @Xipper

They will indeed do that.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

I can see the "unlock with Apple Watch option" disappearing a lot too. I guess log to the support too?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@mcnahum

Our betas have a test fix in place. Are you using the beta?

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited January 2021

@ag_tommy @ag_ana I just realised that now I have the opposite issue: the password is never requested to be manually typed.

Here (https://1password.community/discussion/comment/581927/#Comment_581927), on 20th Dec I announced that was fixed for me. Some weeks passed, and I've never put manually my master password.

I have a timer of password request of 1 week.

P.s.: i think that with device reboot, I should type manually the master pass, regardless the password request timer, no? In that case, that mechanism is failing as well: I do not unlock my 1pass after device reboot. It's enough the finger/apple watch confirm.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Yes I'm running 7.7.1 Beta 4 now

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

Thanks for the update @mcnahum Is what you are experiencing happening after you leave your Mac and return, say to the store, etc.? If so, try switching away from the 1Password app and then back again. Do you see the option work or become available?

You are certainly welcome to send in a support request if you would like.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

The issue is always when I lock my back and comeback ... at a moment, randomly It seams ... the watch option is gone. and it's gone until I deactivate it and reactivate it. I sent report to support yesterday

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mcnahum:

Thank you, I was able to find your report in the system. We will take a look at it and get back to your email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: HNJ-46526-274

• @wizard86pz,

P.s.: i think that with device reboot, I should type manually the master pass, regardless the password request timer, no? In that case, that mechanism is failing as well: I do not unlock my 1pass after device reboot. It's enough the finger/apple watch confirm.

Nope, require on reboot isn't part of 1Password for Mac, only the iOS version has that.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I see, thanks @rudy.

• On behalf of Rudy, you're welcome.

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

I did just email the support team regarding the previous ticket I had on this, however wanted to share here that I see this problem occurring still. It seems that at some point 1Password stops generating the required KeyChain entry for this feature, it will not fix itself. You must disable/enable the Apple Watch feature within 1P and then it will immediately generate the KeyChain entry...until it stops doing so. Perhaps this will stop happening with 7.7.1.BETA6, TBD.

• @Xipper

Please follow up with my colleagues in the email support team as needed.

• Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member

offtopic: how can I unsubscribe from this thread please?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021

@Mike Burst

It sounds like you'll want to edit your profile and select your desired options under notification preferences. You'll likely want to deselect the option for "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

I would suggest leaving "Notify me when people mention me." and also "Notify me when people comment on my discussions." enabled.

• If you previously starred this discussion, you may also want to click the star at the top of the discussion to remove it from your favorites.
  • Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member

@ag_tommy I "un-starred" this conversion but still getting mail alerts of this thread

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You will always receive notifications if someone directly mentions you, so it's possible that this is why you received the previous message. Did you receive this now?

• Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member

Yes :-(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mike Brust:

Let's take a look at why this is happening then! Do you mind posting a screenshot of your notification preferences? You can find them at this page.

• Mike Brust
    Mike Brust
    Community Member
    edited February 2021

here we go.
    And I just want to unsubscribe the thread here, but not other discussions.
    although unstarred, I am still getting notified

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mike Brust:

Unsubscribing from a single discussion is unfortunately not possible at the moment with this forum software. My recommendation is to follow the suggestions from my colleague Tommy in his previous reply to you:

You'll likely want to deselect the option for "Notify me when people comment on discussions I've participated in."

I would suggest leaving "Notify me when people mention me." and also "Notify me when people comment on my discussions." enabled.

This discussion has been closed.