How to prevent 1Password from prompting mid-page?

We're an ecommerce agency that is currently building a custom checkout for a client. As part of the checkout the customer enters their desired password midway through the page. As would be expected 1Password will prompt to save this password. The odd thing is that it does so simply when scrolling down the page, without actually clicking to submit the checkout. And it will do so multiple times, making our checkout frustrating to use for anybody with 1Password installed.

Is there any way to tell 1Password (via cues in the HTML, for example) not to try to save the password until the checkout is fully submitted?

I could provide a sample URL to a 1Password staff member to demonstrate, but I cannot post the URL publicly here since it is not yet launched.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2021

Hey @scottsb ,

Sounds like something is triggering a submit action (or a look-alike) in the form when scrolling the page. I can provide you with some helpful sources:

If that didn't help, feel free to email us privately at support+extensions@1password.com with a short description of the issue and an example link so that we can investigate what might be causing it and, if we can, provide you with suggestions/solutions on how to fix it on your page.

This discussion has been closed.