How can I export my primary vault data to an external file?

Options
sfergie631
sfergie631
Community Member

I need to get all my current data backed up to an external file in order to straighten out a subscription issue. I don't want to reinstall the software and find out all of my password date is gone. I'd love to download the data and reinstall with a new copy of 1Password.

1Password Version: ios 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ios14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:how can I backup my data to an external data file?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@sfergie631

You mentioned Primary vault in your title, but you mention a subscription issue in your post body. It sounds as if emailing us using support@1password.com may be the best option so as not to reveal private information here in the forum. If you have already contacted us via email, be sure to follow the directions of my colleagues. They may have information specific to your situation that I am not aware of.

If you are looking to reinstall the software, I would recommend making a backup which you can later restore, if needed. If your syncing your data you may already have data outside of 1Password via a 3rd party syncing service. I would still encourage you to make a backup.

If you're looking to replace the 1Password application, the following steps should help out.

1. Quit all open web browsers.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
      • Clean tools can accidentally remove your data. We DO NOT want that to happen
    4. Restart the Mac.
    5. Download the latest version of 1Password from the 1Password website.
    6. Quit any open web browsers and then install 1Password.
    7. Open and unlock 1Password before opening your web browser.
This discussion has been closed.