"Show Previously Used Passwords" appears on 1Password iOS and web, but not in MacOS App

dpisoni
dpisoni
Community Member
edited December 2020 in Mac

I have a login entry with at least a dozen previous passwords. In the past, these were visible in the MacOS app, but now they are not. I can see them all in 1Password web and on my iPhone, but they don't show up in the MacOS app.

1Password Version: 7.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Hi @dpisoni

In 1Password 7.7, the password history option has been relocated. Open 1Password, and on the password section, click the downward-facing arrow. Once you do that, you will see the option for password history.

I hope thatI hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• dpisoni
    dpisoni
    Community Member

Thank you, I see it now. Though IMHO it was better before: you could see more of them at once, and they were sorted from most recent to oldest – now you can only see 2 at a time, and the first to appear is the oldest.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dpisoni:

Our developers are collecting feedback about this, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about this as well :)

• dpisoni
    dpisoni
    Community Member

Certainly! :)
    I expect perhaps your developers might not have had an example login with over a dozen previous passwords extending over a 6-year period. But I also don't expect that I am alone in this – anyone keeping a login in 1Password for a system that requires periodic password changes and doesn't allow re-use is likely in the same boat.

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2020

Understood. There are a few of us old timers running around with history going back that far or further. :wink:

• NomadUK
    NomadUK
    Community Member

Just going to say, +1 on this.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for your interest, @NomadUK! I appreciate you sharing your thoughts. :)

• jimpm
    jimpm
    Community Member

I was about to contact support. I thought you guys had removed this feature or made it 'subscription only' (I used standalone). Glad to see it's still there. [Should be sorted with newest first, as mentioned.]

I didn't even realize there was a drop down next to the password field when hovering over it. Maybe you could have left a link for password history where it used to be with instructions as an interim step. It seems more hidden now.

• @jimpm

I'm sorry this caught you off guard. However, it's nice to hear you found your answer. Thanks for sharing.

This discussion has been closed.