Searching the Activity Log

Options

Is there a way to search the Activity log? While I see that there are filters, I can see no way to search for specific information. For example, I was just looking to find when a particular user was deleted, or any other action regarding that user, but I can find no way to search the user.

Given that the logs are dozens, or even hundreds of pages long, it would be very useful to be able to search for activity regarding a specific user, vault, etc. within the log. Barring that, being able to export/download it as a text file would be helpful so we can search it using an external application, e.g., Word, Excel, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_joshua
    edited January 2021
    Options

Hi @TonyDennis! Thanks for sharing this request and feedback with us. :smile:

Like you've noticed, we don't have a way to search through the Activity Log on 1Password.com at this time. We've found that most of our customers tend to refer to this feature when looking for very recent events, but I'll be sure to pass this feedback along to our engineering team to start up a discussion, as I bet you're not the only person who would appreciate the ability to search here.

I did want to share two potential methods that you could use in the meantime to find specific entries in the Activity Log outside of relying on filters:

• Scrolling down the Activity Log page to display all of the entries and using the Find feature in your browser to locate any specific results
    • Using our command-line tool to list Activity Log events and directing the results into your app or file type of choice (into a text file, for example)

I hope this helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. :+1:

ref: internal/business-roadmap#168

This discussion has been closed.