Mastercode not working

My mastercode doesn’t work. I can get in with pincode and touchcode, but I also want to be able to use my mastercode

Comments

• @MPAarten

Did you resolve your issue?

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

No, I still can't get my mainpassword to work, but can access my account with pincode and touchpad. But I would very much like to make sure that my account has a good working main password. Can you help me?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MPAarten:

Where is your Master Password not working at the moment. Is it in the 1Password app, or on the 1Password.com website?

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

No, I still can't get my mainpassword to work, but can access my account with pincode and touchpad. But I would very much like to make sure that my account has a good working main password. Can you help me?

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

in the app

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MPAarten:

Are you able to login to your account using your Master Password on the 1Password.com website instead?

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

No, I also can’t use the masterpassword in the 1Password.com website. I do have my secretkey

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MPAarten:

Thank you for the confirmation. I am sorry to hear about this. For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password.

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you.

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

If I make delete this account and then make a new account, do I have to pay again? Because I just paid my yearly fee.

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

I deleted my account but now cannot sign up for a new account. What to do now?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MPAarten:

We can help you switch your existing subscription to the new account ;) Once you have created the new account, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

Problem is I can’t make a new accpunt because the site says that the mailaddress is already allocated to another account. What do I do now?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MPAarten:

That is correct, you will need to delete the existing account before you can create the new one, in case you want to use the same email address for the new one too.

• MPAarten
    MPAarten
    Community Member

I already deleted my Account, but when Ictry to create a new account it keeps saying that my mailaddress already exists. Can you maybe delete my account for me?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MPAarten:

Certainly, we can help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.