on iPad how to just generate a password to copy?

Options
RayVino
RayVino
Community Member

Just switched over from roboform, when I try to create a login with 1pw on a new site from my iPad (latest iOS) I just want to manually generate a pw and copy into the proper field, with roboform when you opened it they had a place to generate a password which could easily be copied and pasted. What am I missing? thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @RayVino

Our help topic on how to Change your passwords and make them stronger may help. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• RayVino
    RayVino
    Community Member
    Options

I read what you referenced but This does not answer the question as to creating an initial password on a brand new site and in creating a new login when the IOS password box doesn’t pop up. Can’t I just open the 1password app on the iPad and justgenerate a password?

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2021
    Options

@RayVino

Yes, you can do that.

Open 1Password and select the login section. Tap the "+" in the upper left-hand corner. Fill in the login name and username. The Password prompt is next. Tap the gear icon on the right-hand side to expose the password generator. Click save when done. You will see the completed entry that you created. You can now copy your newly generated password, and you have a record of the password saved in 1Password.

• RayVino
    RayVino
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I realized that I could do what you said but this is a very convoluted way just to generate a password, perhaps consider adding an easy password generator tool directly from the homepage of 1pw.

• :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.