I would like to delete the "imported" tag, but a warning pops up.

I would like to delete the "imported" tag, but a warning pops up stating all child tags will also be deleted. Not sure what a child tag is.
Is is advisable to proceed with deleting the "imported" tag? The "imported" tag shows the date entries were imported from 1Password 4.

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:imported tag

Comments

• Hi @SunsetRider 👋

You can delete any tags at anytime you wish without fear of losing your data, this tag is there to simply identify which information was imported into 1Password.

Organize with favorites and tags

• SunsetRider
    SunsetRider
    Community Member

After the mass delete of the "imported" tag, there are now duplicate tags in each affected item. It appears the "imported" tag was replaced with another existing tag in that item. Not what I expected. Fortunately a display by a specific tag does not show duplicate items. I guess it is now a manual effort to remove the duplicate tag (100+) from each affected item.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

It sounds like there where child tags in the imported-tag. I didn‘t think that this is possible. 🤔

I also had this imported-tag and I removed it. In my case there wasn‘t such a child-tag message. Curious...

• Hi @SunsetRider, sorry for the trouble here! With regard to the new tag that applied itself, do you wish to keep it? If not, you can delete that Tag entirely, and it will be automatically removed from each entry on which it's applied. To do so, right-click the tag in the left-hand column of the app, and click "Delete".

If you only wish to remove that tag from select entries, you can hold Control and select each entry you wish to remove the tag from. Then right-click one of the selected entries, click "Tags", and deselect the Tag to remove it from all entries in one go. :chuffed:

@DenalB It is possible to nest tags, which is handy for creating sub-categories (Finance -> Bank Accounts, for example). You can nest tags using a forward slash (/). Hopefully that's helpful! :smile: :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thank you very much @Dayton_ag for the example. I was looking for such a possibility. I will try if it fits my needs. 👍

• Sounds great @DenalB - I look forward to hearing how you it goes! :chuffed:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@Dayton_ag :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:)

This discussion has been closed.