Orange 1Password Icon on Second Machine

Options
rebec_r4
rebec_r4
Community Member

I installed 1Password on my MacBook Pro yesterday (sign in address: https://my.1password.com) and have the extension running in Safari. Today, I installed on my desktop MacPro (macOS Catalina version 10.15.7). The icon on this machine is orange; what's up? I cannot find where to see if a setting is wrong...

I'm also having trouble with 1PW logins not working. It saves the password I ask it to generate, but not the user id. When I go to add, it asks if I want to update, which I do, but then the login doesn't work. I end up with multiple login credentials for the same website just minutes apart and when I try to use the most current, it doesn't work. The one before it without the user id, same deal. I'm getting locked out of banking and credit card websites trying to get to a workable login. I'm thinking your system kind of sucks on a Mac after reading a lot of issues posted by others just this month... Can you give me a reason not to give up and just use Safari's password generating and saving system? I'm about there...

My email suffered a recent breach--I received multiple warnings to create new passwords for any account using that email. I went to 1Password as a permanent solution, but, as described above, it is making the problem unmanageable. The answers to posts of other issues say 'we're working on it' with no date for resolution. I need a solution like now!

Thanks.

Comments

• @rebec_r4

The icon should not be orange for sure. Could you post a screenshot of what you see?

It sounds like you are generating a new password. This would be the entry without the user id. The update/create prompt would be from 1Password attempting to save the login. Try manually saving a new login for the site.

• rebec_r4
    rebec_r4
    Community Member
    Options

Here's a screenshot. I figured out the manual saving part, but it's a bit of a pain. Getting better at it... Here's an image of that orange 1Password icon; I chose a site that wouldn't give up personal intel, but it's always there whether I have a 1Password login for the site or not:

• @rebec_r4

Ah, thank you for supplying that image.

Apple has decided to color the toolbar icons with your highlight color to indicate that that extension has javascript loaded into the page you're looking at. It's part of the design built into Safari 14. Safari is painting the 1Password icon with the accent color you have selected in System Preferences -> General to indicate that the extension has javascript loaded into the page you're looking at. I have a blue color selected, so I always see a blue color for 1Password.

I apologize. I was thinking of the Dock icon in my previous post. It's perfectly normal for this icon to change color based on your particular settings.

This discussion has been closed.