Windows beta 7.6.787 brought back awful delay

jimger
jimger
Community Member
edited December 2020 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I used to have for many 1password (windows) versions an awful delay every time i was asking the window to come to the front. I found that delay again with that beta. I reverted to 7.6.785 stable which is fine. Back then I had posted about that issue

1Password Version: 7.6.785
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10H2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Β«1

Comments

• Hi @jimger!

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble with 1Password! I'll be happy to help get this sorted out. I'd like to collect some diagnostics information from your device to get a sense for what's going on behind-the-scenes. Could you send me an email at support+windows@1password.com, and we can continue our conversation there.

Once you've sent in your email, you should receive a conversation code that looks something like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Could you paste that code in your next response to this forum post? That will help me locate your email and correspond with you there.

Thanks, I look forward to getting this sorted out for you!

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

I updated to the latest beta (again). Will do it once I notice the delay again

• Hi @jimger, sounds good! I'm hopeful that the delay issue has resolved for you with that newest beta, but we're here to help should it resurface. :chuffed:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Dayton_ag , I think you misunderstood @jimger . He went back to stable release 785 for testing the delay issue. And now he went back to beta 787, which he had the delay with. Hopefully the issue is resolved with this reinstallation.

I'm also using beta 787, but I hadn't such an issue. I will keep an eye on it and will come back here if the issue appears. :chuffed:

• @DenalB Ah, thanks for helping clarify for me! Thanks to you and also @jimger for helping us track down this issue. :smile:

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@DenalB @Dayton_ag Yes I will. But tbh after I downgraded to stable and re-upgraded to beta haven't noticed that so far...

• Hi @jimger no problem - I'm happy to hear the issue hasn't resurfaced, but I'll be glad to help if it comes around again. :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @jimger !

haven't noticed that so far...

Sounds great. Good luck. ;)

• Just as @Dayton_ag mentioned -- Let us know if you run into any funny issues moving forward, and we will be here on standby to assist! πŸ’™

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

and we will be here on standby to assist! πŸ’™

That's really great to hear (read)! ;)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited December 2020

Now I got the delay, too! I'm using Windows app 7.6.787 Beta and the 1Password extension 4.7.6.2 Beta. When pressing the keyboard shortcut or when clicking the extension icon in Vivaldi browser it takes up to 6 - 7 seconds till the 1Password window pops up. Curious, isn't it?

EDIT: Shutting down 1Password Windows app and Vivaldi browser seemed to work. After restarting 1Password and Vivaldi browser there is no delay. Again curious...

• This is certainly a curious one! πŸ•΅οΈβ€β™‚οΈ

Any chance you've seen this occur again at all again since your last post above, @DenalB?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Any chance you've seen this occur again at all again since your last post above, @DenalB?

No. For me, it was a One-Time-Issue. Till now everything works fine.

• Blake
    edited January 2021

Awesome!

I just wanted to double-check and make sure -- these rare one-off things are particularly tricky to track down. 😜

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

these rare one-off things are particularly tricky to track down.

I know. If the issue appears again I will come back here. ;)

• Thanks in advance! πŸ’™

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I shouldn't have said it. :(
    Now the delay is back. It takes up to 7 seconds till the browser extension (version 4.7.6.2) in Vivaldi opens.
    Can I do something? Is there a special log file I could send to you?

• Hi @DenalB, I'm sorry this issue has popped up for you! Yes, you can generate a diagnostics report using the steps in the guide I've linked below:

Generate a Diagnostics Report on Your Windows Device

Once generated, send us an email at support@1password.com, and attach that diagnostics report to it. Once that message is sent, you'll receive a conversation code that will look something like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that code here, and I'll be able to track down your email and follow up with you there.

Thanks so much! :smile:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Dayton_ag !

Yes, you can generate a diagnostics report using the steps in the guide I've linked below

I thought so and generated this report as the issue appeared.

Once generated, send us an email at support@1password.com, and attach that diagnostics report to it.

Done. :)

Please paste that code here, and I'll be able to track down your email and follow up with you there.

I'll do so if the code is in my inbox. :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Dayton_ag !

I got the code for you: [#DHJ-51142-271]

Thanks for helping.

• Thanks a bunch!

We will continue this conversation over email 😊

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes. πŸ‘

• πŸ€—

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@DenalB do u use 1password vault or a personal one? Just out of curiosity.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @jimger! Iβ€˜m using 1Password vault with a membership.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@DenalB Thanks. When I had the delay problem for me it wasn't about the extension but the whole app. I had also the normal vault so I asked as trying to find out if it is a "common" problem between those Editions

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I think I found the cause in my case. Itβ€˜s the app which brings the delay to the extensions also. And it doesn’t matter if itβ€˜s the extension from Firefox or Vivaldi and if it is the stable or the beta release.

I have to test some more to be sure that I found the cause. πŸ˜‰

• Blake
    edited January 2021

We've officially filed this as an issue with our development team for further investigation -- we will follow up here once we have more to share.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thank you all @Blake!

Iβ€˜m still testing and will come back to you on email. πŸ˜‰

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @DenalB, thank you!

This discussion has been closed.