I need to delete around 20 logins from my vault. Is there a quick way to do this in bulk?

Is there any way to delete multiple login details apart from doing them individually? Tried selecting them all but that didn't work...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dlete in bulk

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Sam_Oceania 👋

What platform are you using? There isn't a way to bulk delete in 1Password X, but if you're on macOS or Windows, I may have a different solution for you. Let me know!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

This is one of the things I found confusing when I first started using 1Password: you can't select multiple items at 1password.com. I was used to doing this with LastPass and couldn't understand why 1password.com was different.

In my case I needed to move hundreds of items between vaults. So I was glad to find that you can select multiple items within the Windows app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, the desktop app is the best choice for handling multiple items at the same time @missingbits :+1:

• ukwiz
    ukwiz
    Community Member

Unfortunately not everyone uses Windows

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2021

@ukwiz

Are you using a Mac and have the app installed? If so you can select multiple items. Open the Mac app and select the item in the center column. Then press the command key and keep it pressed as you select the next items.

• ukwiz
    ukwiz
    Community Member

No, Linux, and the Linux app is still missing lots of features - like deleting items

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ukwiz ,

You might find the 1Password Command Line Tool helpful here, if you feel comfortable with Terminal: https://support.1password.com/command-line-getting-started/

You can write scripts that utilize the CLI (Command Line Tool) to automate such processes, or find your own way to get things done quickly and efficiently.
    However, since we're only talking about 20 items, I feel like it might be faster to just delete them one by one than learning how to work with the CLI :)

• timestamp
    timestamp
    Community Member

I was able to select multiple entries using the Android app as well, fwiw

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed @timestamp, you can select multiple items in every 1Password app (even the Android and iOS apps). Currently only the Linux app is an exception since it's still in beta, but the feature is available in all of the other desktop and mobile apps :+1:

This discussion has been closed.